We are currently at 1 of our daily target of 4 posts.

Author Topic: FOUND - Small Dog  (Read 2283 times)

AntheaB

• Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
FOUND - Small Dog
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »
Jack Russell X . Mainly white with tri markings.

Found on Wellingborough Road, between Standing Stones and Lings Wood (NN3) on Sunday, 1st May. Thank you to all the drivers who ignored this little fella and carried on with their journey!

Sorry about that - back to business. Jasper is the name on this little dog's collar, although he doesn't respond to it. He is microchipped but the details are invalid, as is the mobile phone number alongside his name on his collar tag.

He's very thin, has sore back legs and one or two other ailments (took him to vets) which current owner would be aware of and will need to identify if claiming him. He doesn't bark at all, although he does give a low growl at noises he can't identify. He's shy, gentle and subservient and a real little sweetie. When we picked him up he was smelly, dirty and had fleas (now sorted) but not particularly hungry, so it's a mystery as to how long he'd been missing. He doesn't eat any old thing, so it's unlikely he managed to forage for food, and there are signs to indicate that he hasn't been missing for very long.

Anyone claiming Jasper will need to give details of his exact markings, the colour of his collar and phone number on his tag (even though it's invalid), confirm ownership with the microchip company and speak with the RSPCA please . This little man will not be going to the dog pound if not claimed.

Kev56

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FOUND - Small Dog
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »
It sounds like the dog might be happier with you! It seems you have gone to more effort to find the owner than the owner has for Jasper.

I think its shocking how many people ignore the fact that there is a lost pet wondering a road, everyone just thinks some one else will do something. At least there is still people like Anthea, the world would be a much better place with a few more.

AntheaB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
Hi - I wish that were the case. The so-called 'owner' claimed him back (it's a mystery why he bothered), but I was asked by the local rescue to call in the RSPCA once the owner had him back again. I probably would have done that anyway, although I did try to negotiate keeping the dog, which didn't work. I did call in the RSPCA but, for some unknown reason , this 'owner' had already sold the dog to someone else (or said he did) when the RSPCA called. Beggers belief really. I'm really worried about this little dog but it doesn't end there= will keep you posted!

Kev56

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
It all sounds a bit dodgy. I hope the RSPCA investigate!

admin

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
I wonder why some people keep animals when all they seem to do is neglect them. I hope you get things sorted Anthea
Admin
*Download the handy tool bar app now
http://Varneynf.OurToolbar.com/

*Follow us on twitter
http://twitter.com/Nshireforum

*Find our facebook app
http://apps.facebook.com/northants_forum_app/

http://www.ukhostinggroup.com
Free Web Hosting For Northamptonshire

AntheaB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »
Me too Simon, but with this sorry piece of work it all becomes clear. Seems as though he's using the little dog just for breeding. He also had a staffie bitch, looking very healthy, and this little fella is all skin and bones. Anyway, I've got some people on it and it looks as though this person might just get what's coming to him very soon - legally of course! In the meantime, I'm more concerned about the dog, but I'll keep you posted if there are any changes. Will probably get in touch with BBC Radio, see if they can't read a notice out or something.

robket

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
Me too Simon, but with this sorry piece of work it all becomes clear. Seems as though he's using the little dog just for breeding. He also had a staffie bitch, looking very healthy, and this little fella is all skin and bones. Anyway, I've got some people on it and it looks as though this person might just get what's coming to him very soon - legally of course! In the meantime, I'm more concerned about the dog, but I'll keep you posted if there are any changes. Will probably get in touch with BBC Radio, see if they can't read a notice out or something.
Any news on that dog?

fmhs.co.uk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
I know its a long time since this was posted, but reading the story I too would love to know the outcome. (if at all any)

Facebook Comments